JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing & Admissions Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: NOLS is looking for an experienced digital marketing manager to join the Marketing & Admissions team. Ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of current marketing strategies, resources, and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
To be successful, one must be an innovative, solutions-oriented, collaborative thought leader with strong vision and tactical skills. As the digital marketing manager, you’ll be instrumental in increasing revenues by taking ownership of inbound and outbound marketing strategies, as well as managing schoolwide marketing campaign relationships. You’ll be working closely with sales to ensure leads are high quality.
We are seeking a data-driven communicator who can deliver marketing strategies that engage audiences, support business development, drive brand recognition, further our mission, and increase profitability. This role will specialize in developing and launching integrated marketing campaigns and programs across multiple channels such as events, digital, social, and paid media as well as nurturing programs using digital media channels and a marketing automation platform.
- Manage all aspects of the school’s digital and campaign marketing needs, including web (eCommerce, SEO/SEM, analytics), database/CRM, email, and display advertising campaigns to build brand awareness and drive traffic to school website and acquire leads/customers.
- Focus on demand generation and work across school to develop and launch innovative digital and traditional marketing campaigns.
- Set priorities in implementation and development of campaigns that support the business and program objectives, integrating the right mix of demand generation tactics.
- Develop campaign briefs and execute campaigns across all channels and track effectiveness, managing a campaign's budget on time and on target.
- Responsible for marketing campaign calendar. Work with internal and external partners and the integrated marketing team to ensure quality marketing materials are produced including web content, marketing campaign assets and offers, emails, ads, graphics, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Work closely with sales & marketing, content, creative, and cross-school marketing contacts to ensure timely campaign delivery, execution, feedback and optimization.
- Manage external agency partners in the development and delivery of campaign plans, assets, and tactics.
- Track, measure, and report on campaign performance against agreed-upon metrics, working across regions to identify and analyze gaps and actions plans to course-correct as the campaign execution unfolds.
- Work on special projects per request.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry.
- 5+ years in digital marketing and campaign management, preferably in a B2C, go-to-market, and outbound environment.
- Demonstrable experience with lead generation and relationship/database marketing and segmentation for email marketing and a deep understanding of database health and how to nurture responders and leads.
- A master of B2B and B2C marketing with excellent analytical skills and passion for customer acquisition.
- Understanding of marketing metrics and funnel analytics to optimize existing campaigns as well as advise team on best strategies to drive demand.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills leveraging omni-channel marketing activities.
- Ability to create and drive a marketing calendar across channels, integrated with product launch calendar.
- Strong business writing skills in long form (whitepaper) and short form (email, blog, ad, subject lines).
- Strong understanding of search engine concepts, web traffic, and SEO ranking.
- Experience with Google Adwords and PPC campaign management.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience in marketing automation, Hubspot CRM, and email marketing is a plus.
- Knowledge of key competitors and their strategies.
- Comfortable presenting virtually and in person to audiences of all sizes, both internally and externally.
- Excellent team management and communication (written and verbal) skills.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Manages web marketing group, including web manager, email campaign coordinator, and front end designer.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Support and day-to-day management of annual budget of up to $1M in digital marketing and advertising campaigns.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Sandy Chio.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.