JOB TITLE: Expedition Enrollment Assistant
REPORTS TO: Expedition Registrar
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Expedition Enrollment Assistant is an essential part of the Expedition Admissions team, supporting efficient communication with students and program staff. They communicate directly with students about enrollment requirements, payments, and deadlines. The Expedition Enrollment Support Assistant is responsible for compiling and distributing paperwork and information in a timely and accurate fashion to admissions officers, staffing, students, and locations to ensure complete and up-to-date expedition student files.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Data entry and computer skills required.
- Must be responsible, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and details.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong communication and office skills required; must be able to accurately type and file.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This person must work cooperatively with Expedition Admissions and Marketing and Creative staff, as well as consulting with other departments and locations. Does not supervise direct reports.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accurately communicating financial status of a student's account and of the transfer and cancellation policies.
- Follow up directly with students regarding missing enrollment forms and overdue tuition.
- Assist Expedition Admissions Supervisor with compiling application materials for
- Instructor Courses.
- Work with Expedition Admissions Officers to manage department peak needs.
- Contact students via phone or email for application follow up, registration forms, and
- tuition balance, to help ensure students are progressing in their enrollment.
- Assist Admissions team with email workflow, and coverage of Admissions general phone
- line during regular business hours.
- Responsible for data entry of student evaluations. Fulfill student evaluation and
- information requests.
- Create and maintain current and archived student files.
- Receive and clear enrollment forms other than health and student information forms.
- Prepare and ship course diplomas/certificates for locations.
- Handle incoming departmental mail and faxes.
- Other Admissions and Enrollment Support projects as needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming. Remote work may be considered on a case by case basis in AK, AZ, CA, CO, ID, ME, MN, MT, NM, NY, UT, WA, WY
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Debbie Derbish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Expedition Registrar Stephen Miller (email@example.com) with questions about the position.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.