JOB TITLE: Expeditions Admission Officer
REPORTS TO: Expeditions Admission Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide program information to enrolled students. Review and clear student forms, including detailed health, complex mental health, and dietary needs. Manage enrollment, waitlists, and collect forms and tuition. Work cooperatively with Sales to provide customer service.
- Able to represent and positively promote NOLS, through effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Able to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willingness to adapt
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Enthusiasm for and ability to connect with a wide variety of individuals
- Experience building rapport quickly with a varied audience, particularly via phone conversation and written correspondence
- Strong self-leadership
- Experience working collaboratively within a team, and promoting a positive work culture
- Able to discuss and filter topics such as sensitive mental health and medical issues, as well as manage payment due dates and past due tuition.
- Strong writing and editing skills
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no supervisory duties, but this person requires cooperative skills.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for securing tuition payments, and for accurately discussing account status, transfer policies and cancellation policies. Indirectly responsible for significant amounts of tuition revenue.
50% - Answer questions regarding course details and the application process, including health forms, financial aid and college credit. Assist students in changing their student status, i.e. transfers and cancellations.
30% - Manage course rosters to meet internal deadlines. Contact students via multiple channels to process application forms and tuition payments. Enforce policies including medical clearance and cancellation.
15% - Document student status and provide updates. Work to fill rosters from waitlists and by prioritizing available openings.
5% - Perform special projects and duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and résumé to Gena Robinson, Expeditions Admissions Manager.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.