JOB TITLE: Human Resources Benefit Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Human Resources and Diversity Director
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative and organizational support to the Human Resources department, Field Staffing department, and other departments, as needed. Serves as back-up support to executive and risk management departments.
QUALIFICATIONS: Three to four years of professional experience in business administration. Strong organization skills, ability to communicate professionally to a wide range of audiences including trustees, donors, government agencies, and students and employees of all levels on a daily basis. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks independently. Excellent computer skills, preferably Macintosh-word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Must handle sensitive communications with confidentiality.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: This person is the alternate responsible officer for the J-1 visa program. They are the primary E-Verify processor for non-U.S. staff. This person will work with many remote staff, and must be able to coach, support, and explain HR processes and requirements.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Calculate and process travel reimbursements. Reconcile petty cash. Order office supplies.
- Responsible for processing field faculty travel reimbursements and submitting to the Finance department.
- Responsible for processing E-Verify for non-U.S. staff. Assists, as needed, with all E-Verify submissions.
- Alternate responsible officer for the SEVIS J-1 Visa Program. Request and issue J-1 paperwork. Complete and file the J-1 Visa annual report.
- Create and maintain electronic and hard personnel files.
- Process Wyoming Workers' Comp claims and generate yearly OSHA report. Assist with international Workers’ Comp claims.
- Notify employees of available job openings and ensure that job announcements are posted externally. Respond to all inquiries for employment at NOLS.
- Assist the staffing coordinators in the contracting process.
- Document travel for Field Staffing and HR personnel on internal database.
- Responsible for creating and/or maintaining the following logs or reports: instructor sick leave, field faculty travel expense journals, merit pay, and Wyoming Training grants.
- Assist NOLS locations with the foreign work visa process.
- Assist the director of Faculty and Studies, HR director, Field Staffing director, executive assistant, Risk Management director, and HR admin assistant as needed.
- Responsible for answering the field staffing 800 number.
- Receive tax home documents and enter into database.
- Approve tier discounts for WFR re-certifications for field staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters in Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Kelsey Wicks, NOLS Human Resources and Diversity Director
Contact Kelsey Wicks with any questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Mid-September 2019.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.