JOB TITLE: NOLS River Base Rations Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS River Base Assistant Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Orchestrate food operations to ensure students receive organized field rations and appropriate nutrition. Coordinate with Lander, WY based rations department for food organization and delivery. Oversee office management duties. Collaborate on community living systems and be part of welcoming and directing visiting student groups and staff members. Support transport of students and staff to the field. Assist in facilities upkeep and daily operations of River Base. Contribute to a positive, supportive work environment driven by student service.
- Must have a desire to interact with students and work in a small community.
- Possess the skills to organize and lead others.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and strong attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly and build positive working relationships with others.
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Strong preference for someone 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Plan and execute food purchase and course food logistics. Work with and accommodate staff and students on their special dietary needs. Brief students and staff on nutrition and cooking with the NOLS field rations. Ensure in-town food is ordered and arrives in a timely manner. Offer and receive feedback as part of an operations team and community member.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Purchase and track food-related expenses within a budget. Manage direct purchases utilizing a company Visa card.
- Coordinate food ordering, transportation, and organization.
- Maintain a clean and organized course food (ration) room and student kitchen to commercial standards.
- Brief students on proper nutrition and cooking with the NOLS ration.
- Accomplish office administrative tasks and schedule allows.
- Assist with operations, including transportation, outfitting, evacuations, and program duties.
- Perform other necessary functions including paperwork tasks, location clean up, location maintenance, and special projects as needed.
- Maintain a flexible and supportive atmosphere.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: All employees who are not working remotely and who do have regular contact with other employees or students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they meet a medical, disability or religion exemption and a reasonable accommodation is approved. Any COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) is an acceptable vaccine for the purpose of this policy. Full vaccination or an approved exemption is a condition of employment for all new employees as applicable.
WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS: NOLS River Base - Vernal, UT. On campus housing available for a small fee. Kitchen and common space shared amongst staff. Work Location: NOLS River Base, Vernal, UT.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter & resume to: Teresa Miller, NOLS River Base Program Manager AND Kelsey Wicks, NOLS Rockt Mountain Operations Manager.
Contact Teresa Miller or Kelsey Wicks with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 26, 2021. Interviews will be held 11/22-11/24 and 11/29-12/1.
STARTING DATE: Late February 2022. 5 to 6 months of employment.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.