JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Equipment and Materials Manager
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Business Operations Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The NOLS Wilderness Medicine Equipment and Materials Manager is responsible for purchasing and maintaining inventory for all Wilderness Medicine equipment and course materials. This person also builds and implements the logistical plan that supports ~1000 Wilderness Medicine courses around the world.
- Excellent organizational, logistical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience building and operating within budgets.
- Experience with database and spreadsheet applications is required.
- Extraordinary attention to detail in planning and execution.
- Ability to function independently away from the main office environment.
- Must meet NOLS driving requirements.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. Examples include: shipping boxes, plastic totes, and books
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising the equipment assistant.
- Coordinates with the mailroom staff to ensure Wilderness Medicine course materials are prepared, maintained, and shipped.
- Provides a safe working environment in an 8,700 sq ft warehouse and enforces employee safety practices.
- Coordinates with other Wilderness Medicine teams to create and implement the equipment and materials logistical plan based on the upcoming courses.
- Primary coordinator and point of contact for all Wilderness Medicine sponsors regarding materials and equipment logistics.
- Primary coordinator and point of contact for all Wilderness Medicine staff regarding materials and equipment logistics.
- Primary point of contact for Wilderness Medicine equipment vendors. Manages pricing negotiations with those vendors.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising temporary support staff as needed.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY:
- Manages all aspects of NOLS Wilderness Medicine course equipment and supplies.
- Implements annual equipment budget of $315,000.
- NOLS credit card holder.
- Builds and implements the logistical plan that supports ~1000 NOLS Wilderness Medicine courses around the world.
- Communicates shipping and logistical plan for equipment and materials to Wilderness Medicine instructors and Wilderness Medicine sponsors.
- Creates task lists for the Wilderness Medicine equipment assistant.
- Supervises the inventory and repacking of equipment sets.
- Supervises the inventorying of course materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Attends weekly ship meeting to coordinate and deconflict the logistical plan.
- Tracks the location and status of ~250 Wilderness Medicine gear sets and ancillary equipment items, equipment re-supplies, and re-stocks.
- Oversees course textbook and materials purchasing, assembly, and shipping.
- Purchases supplies and equipment to maintain Wilderness Medicine gear sets at operating levels, to including WEMT gear sets.
- Reviews and approves invoices from suppliers and vendors.
- Maintains current accounts and creates new accounts (pricing and cost data) with Wilderness Medicine vendors and suppliers.
- Performs vendor research to investigate new vendors.
- Loads, unloads, and drives equipment and materials to course locations. Examples include daily package shipments and loading/unloading WEMT gear from Lander, WY to Jackson, WY—four times per year.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance participates in a discrimination investigation or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Gates Richards.
Contact Gates Richards with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 13, 2020.
STARTING DATE: August 17, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.