JOB TITLE: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Wilderness Medicine Sponsor Coordinator
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Program Assistant (PA) works with organizations and individuals outside of NOLS to organize and support the education goals of NOLS Wilderness Medicine business partners. The PA has primary responsibility for communication with many small volume business partners to develop wilderness medicine programs and maintain those that exist.
- The ability to develop a firm understanding of NOLS mission, policies, standards and organizational systems.
- Ability to work independently, organize multiple duties and prioritize workload.
- Strong communication (phone, verbal, digital), planning and logistical skills.
- 2-3 years administrative experience with focus in customer service.
- Initiative, flexibility, and tolerance for adversity and uncertainty
- Experience with or willingness to learn Google Suite and FileMaker database systems.
- Interest in using information technology to improve customer service.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- The PA is a primary point of contact and relationship manager for the bulk of NOLS Wilderness Medicine business partners.
- Independently responsible for consistent and professional communication to external audiences representing NOLS.
- Works closely with the sponsor coordinator, the business operations manager, the Wilderness Medicine director, and the admissions manager.
- Functions as an integral member of the NOLS Wilderness Medicine program team.
60% Coordinates the booking, contracting, and coordination of course details with the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Sponsor Coordinator and Director. Regular communication with sponsors to ensure accurate information is represented to external customers, Wilderness Medicine teams, and Instructors. Ensures data integrity for courses throughout the year and assists in adding additional courses outside of the annual plan.
25% Works as part of the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Program team to support all courses. Maintains course schedule and supporting documents on the NOLS Wilderness Medicine website. Coaches sponsors on the use of sponsorNET and the use of NOLS-provided marketing tools.
15% Works in collaboration with the NOLS Wilderness Medicine Admissions team to support all courses. Participates in the Phone Queue. Manages potential sponsor inquiries.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver's license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Headquarters, Lander, WY. There may be a potential for remote work for experienced candidates in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New York, Utah, Washington.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Ben Lester, Wilderness Medicine Business Operations Manager.
Contact: Ben Lester with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 12th, 2021 at 5 pm Mountain Time.
STARTING DATE: Negotiable.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.