JOB TITLE: NOLS Pacific Northwest Kitchen Assistant
REPORTS TO: NOLS Pacific Northwest Kitchen Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide excellent course support for students and instructors for all NOLS Pacific Northwest courses. Provide adequate and healthy meals to students and staff.
- Experience, education, and/ or interest in food service and kitchen management.
- Self-motivated and hard working.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work flexible and irregular hours, with a goal of maintaining a 40-hour work week.
- Must be at least 21 years old and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Report check.
- Physically able to pick up and carry up to 40 lbs, and to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise students during clean-up tasks.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: N/A.
- Assist with ordering, menu planning, sourcing, and weekly shopping.
- Prepare meals for sittings ranging from 20–120 people.
- Manage and plan food stock for staff kitchen.
- Responsible for upkeep of kitchen equipment and facilities.
- Maintain the sanitation and organization of the kitchen and dining area to meet the standards of the Skagit Valley Health Department.
- Perform transportation tasks to support operational logistics.
- Perform other logistical and operational tasks as assigned by the operations manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required for all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-Verify
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS Pacific Northwest, Mount Vernon, Washington.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Paul Satzinger, NOLS Pacific Northwest Operations Manager.
Phone: (360) 445-6657 ext. 3221
Contact Paul Satzinger with questions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 17, 2020.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: June 1 through August 7, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visiting this link.