Job Title: Website Content Manager
Reports to: Creative Project Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: To build, modify, optimize, and maintain the organization’s website and related digital assets to support NOLS and its customers. This role works closely with Marketing, Creative, and Information Systems teams to maintain a functional website for key audiences. The role will also work closely with departments around the school and may also support outside agency relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or training in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with content management systems (Django CMS, HubSpot preferred).
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, or similar tools.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Strong understanding of web design best practices.
- Strong sense of concept development and visual design (understands layout, type, color, and style guides).
- Ability to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Experience with creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes to build responsive websites and emails.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with UX research methods (usability testing, A/B testing).
- Ability to understand targeted audiences to develop relevant content to deliver a great user experience.
- Knowledge of A/B testing software, Hotjar, VWO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Moz.
- Knowledge of building a visual language and developing and maintaining a design system.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES:
- Coordinate with third-party contractors on web-related projects
- Assist in the training of designated employees on how to use the company’s content management systems (Django CMS, HubSpot).
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: No fiscal responsibilities.
65% Website Management
- Ensure all aspects of the NOLS website are functional and accessible.
- Modify, update and optimize content on the website.
- Problem solve any errors/bugs on the website.
- Process website requests from departments around the school.
- Keep the website up-to-date with the current direction of the NOLS brand and creative vision.
- Stay up-to-date on accessibility and functionality best practices.
- Train designated employees from departments around the school on updating the website.
- Coordinate web content contributions with content management systems (Django CMS, HubSpot).
- Oversee content modifications made by other departments throughout the school.
- Promote user engagement and web site conversion interactions.
- Maintain search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
25% UX/UI Design
- Create compelling user experience designs using Sketch, Abstract, and InVision.
- Develop wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, to iterate towards the best design solution.
- Ensure user interfaces are accessible, performant, and responsive.
- Write and maintain modern, scalable, code.
- Own the buildout of new pages in Django CMS and HubSpot.
10% Design System Maintenance
- Manage the development and release cycles of NOLS’ design systems in Sketch, Abstract, InVision DSM, and Storybook.
- Write documentation and design system guidance for both designers and engineers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetics information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS Participates in E-Verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming or remote. As a remote employee, this position is available to legal residents of: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. This is a full-time benefited position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Molly Herber, Creative Project Manager.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 5, 2021.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional, anonymous information by visitinglink.